Field & Cluster
Tracking in hunting and ecology is the science and art of observing animal tracks and other signs, with the goal of gaining an understanding of the landscape and the animal being tracked (quarry).
Badge Completion Requirements
- Discover which animals inhabit your geographic area.
- Find and study resources that show you the different tracks and signs of the animals inhabiting your local area.
- Document and discuss with your expert what you know about the signs of animals in your region.
- Along with your parent(s) or teacher, identify land where multiple species inhabit the land, and you can receive permission from the landowner to locate, identify, and follow tracks of different animals.
- Document your tracking experience with photographs and/or video.